TANGLED - Fan Factspage 2 / 2
• The film features an exciting final scene with a dazzling, lantern-filled skyline. Every lantern has its own animated fire that contains 10,000 micro points of light. The highest lantern count in a shot is 46,000 lanterns, which equals 460 million points of light.
• The waterfall and stream in the tower valley were animated to match the characteristics of streams and waterfalls in California's Yosemite. The effects supervisor took a two-day trip and shot more than 150 video clips for reference. The art directors were then able to pick out their favorite characteristics. More than 10 million individual water droplet ‘points' make up the waterfall.
• Grizzly River Run in Disney's California Adventure Park was used as inspiration for water leaks on the rickety wood dam that bursts. In the film's final scene, 23 million gallons of virtual CGI water were released in the collapse of the dam.
• The fog that creeps in around Mother Gothel and Rapunzel at the campsite is also meant to represent the emotional effect of Gothel clouding Rapunzel's mind.
• More than 2,000 Mario Kart Races were played by the production team in an effort to stay sane through the long hard hours!
CUE THE EXTRAS
• The “Tangled” animated cast includes five main characters, 21 thugs and 38 townspeople. Leading up to the film's dramatic lantern scene, the Disney effects team was called upon to create a crowd that consisted of nearly 3,000 people. This is the largest crowd that the Studio has ever created for a CG feature.
Tangled is out in UK cinemas on 28 January 2011 in Disney digital 3D