- A square piece of paper
Steps to make an origami hen
- Fold your piece of paper into half along a diagonal, and open it again.
- Fold down both side of the mark along it.
- Turn over the origami. Fold up both sides along the middle line.
- Fold the origami into half using the middle line. The folds must be out.
- You now have a triangle, face its vertex toward you. Fold up the side without the folds.
- Unfold it, open a bit the paper, and fold it back up again but this time all outside the origami.
- Start over with the other side, but fold down, and inside.
- Fold to the side, and outside the end of the side up. It's the head.
- Fold inside and up the fold down. It's the tail.
- Fold inside the end of the head. It's beak.
- Fold inside the end of the tail.
There you are! You made a nice origami hen!