Leaf Picture Display
This workshop will show you how you can make a picture with a simple tree leaf, or a fancy cover for your herbarium. You can also make a collage of pictures using fifferent leaves and flowers.
A herbarium is a notebook where you keep the leaves from different trees you find, flowers and plants to dry, and where you can write what you've learned. It may be your personal dictionary of botany!
- A leaf, flower
- Paint and a brush
- Two cardboard sheets of different colors
- A white checker or a black felt
- A ruler
- A pencil
How to make this coverage for herbarium, book cover or decorative picture
- Cover your work area to protect the table and wear an apron to protect your clothing.
- Start by painting one side of your tree leaf.
- Be gentle when applying the paint to not tear the leaf.
- Removes tree leaf and wait for the paint to dry.
- Cut around the shape of the tree leaf.
- Draw a box on the second cardboard sheet using a ruler and pencil.
- Then outline the frame with white or black paint pen depending on the color of your cardstock you use for the background.
- Now glue the tree leaf stamp in center of frame.
And here, you're done. You can now paste your work on the cover of your herbarium, book cover or decorative picture! Add more to your collection with other types of leaves.