Puppets have been around for a very long time. Here is a black bird like from the Disney movie Maleficent. This crow you can hang in your room and it will flutter when you pull the string. It is very easy to make and fun to play with. You can make different birds too.
- black cardstock
- yellow cardstock or orange
- 2 brads
- a needle or a pin
- elastic rubber band
- a bead
- sticker eyes
How to make this puppet crow
- Laying the template of the head, body and wings on black cardstock, cut out the different elements.
- Drill holes at the locations of landmarks using a needle or a pin.
- Glue the head to the body, close the holes but do not cover.
- Take the yellow cardstock and the beak and legs.
- Glue the eyes and beak on the small circle.
- Glue the tabs on the back of the crow.
- Using two brads, fix wings to body. For that they move smoothly, they must have enough play.
- On the back of the raven, connect the two small holes at the upper end of the wings by means of a small piece of string. Then pass it in the elastic. By the time you make the knot, the wings must be as vertical as possible.
- Cut about 15 cm of string to hang the raven. Before the head, pass the cord through the hole of the head and the elastic.
- Now tie the rest of the string around horizontally ties the raven.
- Fix the bead at the other end of the cord.
Just pull the string and the raven will flap his wings!