Celebrating Ballet Day - Keeping Ballet Beautiful in America
February 7th of every year in America is a special day to celebrate Ballet. Professional ballerinas make ballet dancing look so elegant, graceful, glamorous and easy. However, if you have ever tried to ballet dance, you quickly discover how hard it really is. To become a professional ballerina your journey begins in childhood with a difficult road ahead. Ballerinas must be devoted and must have the athletic and psychological stamina to stick with their career through adolescence into adulthood. This video on The School of American Ballet in New York City, gives you a snap shot profile of what it takes to become a professional ballerina.
History of ballet
- Take a ballet class for fun. You can become a ballerina for a day
- Watch Ballet videos and productions online: Nutcracker, Swan Lake and Cinderella to name a few
- Read ballet stories: Angelina Ballerina
- Go to watch a ballet class or performance
- Wear your hair in a classic bun, like a ballerina
- Have a ballerina dress up party, play music and dance
- join a flexibilty exercise class
- Learn more about Ballet by doing research
Discover a choreography of Ballet coloring pages on Hellokids.com for you to decorate your room and help celebrate Ballet Day!