What you need:
- Empty Box (available at your local craft store)
- Felt: pink (enough to cover the entire box), brown, black, yellow, red and white plus a large black square piece
- Black marker
Here is a simple and cute box that would make a perfect gift for anyone! In our example we have drawn up a cat box but you can be creative and replace the cat with the animal of your choice!
- Begin by turning the box top upside down on top of the pink piece of felt. Use your pencil to trace the outline of the box top onto the felt.
- Cut the round outline out and glue it to the top of the box. measure and cut felt pieces to cover your entire box.
- Cat details: Trace a smaller circle on the brown felt to create the face. Cut 2 triangle shapes in brown for the ears.
- Glue the cats face and ears on top of the box lid.
- Cut two small triangles smaller than the ears for the inner ear of the cat in yellow. Glue the inner cat ears on the lid.
- With your red felt cut your mouth shape (see picture) and glue at the bottom of the cat face.
- Cut the nose using the black felt. Cut a small circle and glue.
- Cut the two small eyes using white felt and glue them to the face. Using a black marker make the pupils inside the eyes.
- Finally, cut 6 this strips of black felt for the whiskers and glue 3 on each side of the cat face.
That's it! Your cat box is now complete and ready to use.