Christmas scent decoration
On this Christmas craft page you will find an original idea to make a nice Christmas presents: scent balls made of fruits dotted with cloves. The scent balls will spread a nice Christmas scent in your living room.
What you need:
- oranges, limes and kumquats
- one table spoon of ground cinnamon
- one table spoon of iris powder (to buy in pharmacies or herbalist's shops)
- golden string
- paper bags
- adhesive tape
How to do your Christmas scent
- Whole cloves have a pointy end that can easily stick into the orange.
- Mix the cinnamon powder and the iris powder in a bowl then roll the fruit inside to cover it with powder.
- Tie up a nice ribbon around the fruit then put it in a paper bag. Close it with the adhesive tape and leave it at least 3 weeks.
- After 3 weeks, open delicately the paper bag. Put the scent fruits whenever your want to spread nice smell in your house.
Fruits will become a little bit smaller by drying, but their scent will persist during one year or two!