Homemade candle jars
To make these beautiful candle jars for Christmas you need:
- tealight candles
- glue, ruler, scissors, cutte, pencil
- gold-colored paper or fine cardboard paper
- empty and clean yogurt jar
- Plasticine (modelling clay)
- tissue paper
- transparent adhesive tape
How-to make the Fir Tree candle jar
- Put a small piece of Plasticine on each candle. Then place them in jars and press them with a pencil.
- Cut a stripe of gold-colored paper enough wide to surround completely the jar.
- Draw Christmas motives on the paper (fir trees, stars …) and ask your parents to help you to cut them out with the cutter.
- Tear tissue paper to pieces and stick them on the back of the gold-coloured paper.
- Finally, stick the gold-colored stripes all around the jars.
How-to make the lantern
- Place a candle in a jar as indicated for the fir tree lantern.
- Cut out a piece of gold-colored paper wider than the jar. Then fold it in two.
- Cut out a piece of tissue paper and stick it all around the jar.
You have made beuatiful Christmas candle jars. Now you can ligh your house for Christmas eve.