Make a Mandala Compass Flower
Make a nice mandala flower just by using a compass and a few colored pencils. It is very easy and it is what we are going to show you today. We are even going to make a hanging ornament out of ours!
- A compass
- Card stock
- Colored pencils
- A black felt-tip pen
- String or ribbon
How to make a compass flower
There is an infinity of possibilities creating a compass flower. We are going to explain to you how we made the one in the video.
- Draw a circle with your compass on the card stock. Place the spike of the compass on the circle and draws an arc inside it. Then, place the spike on the ends of the arcs and start over until you obtain a flower.
- Afterwards, replace the spike of the compass on the center of the circle and move the legs of the compass closer to each other and draw an smaller circle.
- Put the spike on each end of the flower and draw an arc inside the big circle.
- Put the spike at the center again and move the legs of the compass apart to draw a even bigger circle, to make a ring around it.
- Place the spike of the compass somewher on the big circle and draw two small lines inside this ring, on both sides. Place the spike on the ends of each line on the big circle and start over until you get several points.
- Place the spike on the ends of the flower again and draw some other lines around the points you made in the ring. We stopped here but you can keep going if you want and make an infinity of shapes.
- Color the mandala flower and redo the lines with the black felt-tip.
- Cut up the mandala and make a hole with the spike of the compass on its edge.
- Pass the string or the ribbon through this hole and tie it.
There is you compass flower! You can use it to decorate your room, give it to someone or make it a medal if the ribbon is long enough. You can draw many more mandalas, try more shapes and more colors. Be creative!