3D Hearts Card
In this tutorial, we will show you how to make a beautiful and colorful card with butterfly hearts. By reading the steps and watching the video, you will learn how to make a grassy paper hill, an outlined frame for your card and finally, small 3D butterfly hearts.
- White card stock
- A green sheet of paper
- A red sheet of paper
- A little half-flowerpot (found at a hobby store)
- A pencil
- A black felt-tip pen
- A ruler
- A compass
Steps to make this card
- Fold the red sheet of paper like an accordion and draw half-heart shapes on the edge.
- Cut up the "accordion" along the shapes. You obtain small pieces that you just need to open to get the hearts.
- Now we are going to prepare the card. Fold the card stock in half.
- Draw an outlined frame on the front of the card using the ruler and the pencil. This frame must be 1/2 inch wide.
- Now that you made the lines with the pencil, you can draw the rectangles with the felt-tip and the ruler. Wipe the ruler after each line if your felt-tip runs.
- Now we are going to make the grassy hills. Take the green sheet of paper and put one of its corner on the bottom right corner of the frame.
- With the compass, draw three arcs. To do so, put the spike of the compass on bottom left corner of the frame, then of the bottom right and finally at the center of the bottom edge of the frame.
- Now you just need to cut along these arcs but not entirely, just the top.
- Turn over the piece of paper and place it along the frame so that you can't see the lines and draw another line along the right side of the frame to cut up what's left of the green paper.
- Now you have nice grassy hills that you just need to glue in the frame.
- Glue the flowerpot at the center of the hills.
- Draw three curves from the top of the flower pot towards the top of the frame to make the stems.
- Now we are finally going to glue the hearts along the stems. There are three ways to do it:
- Two hearts with just one side glued to the card on each side of a stem. This method will make a butterfly heart.
- Finally, just one heart glued on a stem.
This card is now finished, you can write something in it and give it to your mom for Mother's Day, a friend or anyone that you love! It is also a perfect gift for Valentine's day!