Geometric String Art
Are you are a meticulous artist looking to make something original? This DIY workshop is for you. Fabricate a beautiful geometric design. There are endless possibilities and forms to create. Geometric shapes or other string art designs can be created with your imagination!
- A wooden board
- Wire or string
- A print below
How this geometric design was made
We will explain how to achieve the same table as we did. But keep in mind that once you have understood, you can imagine many other unique designs!
- You can first of all paint a wooden board with your favorite color.
- Then place the template available below on the wooden board, centered.
- Now ask an adult to drive a nail on every little point.
- Removes the template and you will be able to start your picture!
We have chosen to you use geometric shapes for our design. The techniques we use allow us to form curves.
- Attach a wire to the nail that is in the top left corner.
- Then this thread connects the second highlight of the bottom line. The wire must always be tight.
- Then go back to the second highlight of the left line.
- Then fall down to the third nail.
- Go back to the third highlight of the left line.
- Continue this until you had reached the next to last nail on the bottom line.
- Again in the other three corners.
You can see that you have formed a very condensed curve because every stroke is doubled.
- Attach a wire to the next to last nail at the bottom line.
- Join the next to last nail in the left line.
- Then passes behind the second-to last highlight of this same line and join the preliminary next to last nail at the bottom line.
- Get behind the last nail on the line and join the next nail in the left line.
- Continue until you could not move forward on the left line.
- Again in the other three corners
This time you formed an airier curve as the thread between each nail is not doubled.
We demonstrate to you at the top of this page the different forms that we used for our table. Using one or other of the methods you can reproduce it by following these patterns.
This activity will need much patience and precision, but the result will be fabulous!