What you need:
- Tissue paper/Crepe paper - Green, brown and yellow
- Cardboard drawing paper red or orange, yellow and brown
- A small inflatable balloon
- Green and tan crepe paper (strips 4.5cm wide)String
How to make your bird balloon:
Here we give the basic instructions but you can add different characteristics to your bird (with a hat, hair, ears, bow tie, loops of ears, bright red cheeks, glasses ... whatever you want!). Please note: all these elements must be glued on the ball, and not drawn. Be careful not to pop your bird friend!
- Print the template below to make the beak, feet and eyes. Make the beak like the illustration below.
- Fold the beak on itself along the dotted line. The narrow middle band used to glue the beak on the bird.
- Blowing up a balloon without too much stretch and closed it with a knot. You shall set the tail to the tip of the balloon end sticking out.
- Glue the legs a bit of an angle to the closed end of the balloon. Hold the ball well and the legs together until the glue is dry.
- Glue the beak.
- Cut out the eyes in yellow paper and the pupils from brown paper.
- For eyelashes, take two pieces of brown crepe paper 2 inches long.
- Glue the eyelashes to the backside of the eyes.
- Glue their eyes on the balloon.
- For the tail, take a strip of crepe paper 2 inches wide and 6 inches long. Fringe this band in the same way as the eyelashes and secure with the string.
- Clip this tuft to the Balloon end. The fringes should be facing outward. The tail of the bird is finished!
- For Tuft, prepares a strip of crepe paper as described in step 10 by flattening the uncut side and glue on the surface of the bird's head (maintain it well!).