A Chattering Monster
A chomping chattering monster? This is exactly what we propose you make today! A little monster that you can hold in your hand and make bite and chatter.
- The template below printed on a sheet of paper
- A piece of thick cardboard
- Two googly eye stickers
- A bottle cap
- A few big beads
- A box cutter
- A pen
- Glue stick
- Liquid glue
How to make this chomping monster
- First of all, print the template of the monster, its teeth and its head at the bottom of this tutorial. There are different colors so that you can choose or make them all!
- Put the template on the piece of cardboard. With the box cutter, cut up both at the same time. Ask an adult to help you for this step!
- Stick the two pieces of the body together and fold it.
- Cut out the head and the teeth of the monster.
- Fold a bit of the lower part of the head and put some glue on it to stick it to the body. Now the head is standing out of the body!
- On the rounded parts of the head, stick the googly eyes.
- Put some liquid glue on the peaks of the cap and stick it inside of the mouth of the monster, under the eyes. Hold it tight for the glue to set.
- Close the mouth and with the pen, mark on the part the outline of the crown cap. On this line, glue the beads to make a sort of second row of teeth!
- Now, you just need to stick the teeth to the rest of the body. To do so, put some liquid glue on the three front edges of the cardboard and stick the teeth there. The teeth must be centered and towards the interior of the mouth. Start over for the lip.
Now your monster is ready to bite and chatter! Just pinch the back of it to make some noise by banging the bottle cap and the bead together.