A Football and Trophy Play-Doh Models
In this workshop, we will show you how easy it is to make a Football or Rugby ball and Trophy.
- Plasticine or brown Play-Doh
- White plasticine Play-Doh
- Plasticine or yellow Play-Doh
- Plasticine or pink Play-Doh
- Black plasticine or Play-Doh
- "My first kit" Play-Doh (roll, knife)
You can of course use other colors.
The clay football
- With brown dough, make a ball and then flattened it slightly on the sides by rolling to give it an oval shape.
- With the knife, draw a slight notch all around the ball in the direction lengthwise.
- Trace also two other slots on the sides of the ball, perpendicular to the first.
- With white modeling clay, make a thin strap: you can either cut from a thin layer of dough (as in the video) or flatten it by rolling it on the table.
- Your strap wraps around the last couple of notches you made on the ball. Cut the strap if it is too long.
- Make another small strap and place it between the first two in the direction of the ball: it represents the stitching found on the real footballs.
- Place 3 small strips perpendicular to the last.
- Flattened everything beyond to give your ball a perfect shape.
- You can make a small support to hold your ball (as we did in the video).
- With yellow plasticine, manufacture two cones: small (the base of the cup) and the top of the cup.
- The top is a bit larger of a cone.
- Place the large cone on the small one: your cup begins to take shape.
- For the decoration of the cup, make a strap with pink clay that covers the junction between the two cones.
- Then roll a multitude of tiny pink balls and place them over the entire surface of the trophy: they are like real diamonds while doing this very gently!
- Under the trophy you can place a black disk to highlight it: a small slice of rolled dough with the black "Play-Doh" and use it later as a cookie cutter to cut out the circle.
- On all trophies, there is always a small plate to engrave the name of the winner: With a knife, cut a small rectangle in a thin slice of white dough.
- Place the rectangle on the foot of the cup.
- For trophy handles, rolls two strips (not too thin) in yellow clay. Then place them on each side of the cup to form the handles.
And you have a wonderful football and trophy plasticine model :