Two-colored paper pinwheel
This is a classic craft, the pinwheel. Make one yourself several and watch it spin in the wind. You can use them to decorate your garden, to decorate a package for a birthday or Christmas, or to play with outside.
- Two square colored sheets of paper
- A thin wooden stick
- Two big beads
- Adhesive paste (such as Blu-tack)
- A thumb tack/Brad fastener
- A ruler
- A pencil
How to make this two-colored pinwheel
- Stick the two square sheets of paper together.
- Using the ruler, draw the two diagonals of the square.
- Then, make a dot on every center of the 4 lines going from the center of the square to the corners.
- Cut the square from these corners until the dots.
- Put some glue on the middle of the square.
- Fold every second point to the middle. Glue them again if you need to.
- Ask an adult to make a hole with the thumb tack at the center, through the points.
- Pass a piece of wire through the hole.
- String a bead on the wire at the front.
- Pass the wire again through the hole, but not through the bead.
- On the other side, string the other bead on both pieces of wire.
- Fasten the stick to the bead using the wire left.
- To make sure it won't move, and that you won't hurt yourself, put some tape around the wire.
Now you've got a beautiful windmill that you just need to try out. Surely it will spin in the wind.