Make a car
Here is a tutorial to make a real toy. Make yourself a nice car, and customize it to create a racing car! A great idea for a birthday party craft.
- A toilet paper roll
- 4 plastic caps
- 4 long beads
- 4 rounded beads
- A thumb tack
- A box cutter
How to make a car
- Start by painting the toilet paper roll.
- Ask an adult to make a hole at the center of the 4 plastic caps with the thumb tack.
- Ask the adult to cut out the windshield. To do so, he or she needs to cut three sides of a rectangle with the box cutter.
- Get help to make 4 holes with the thumb tack into the roll. These holes need to be facing each other two by two, at the front and at the back of the car.
- Cut a piece of wire, pass it through the two holes at the front of the car.
- String a long bead on one side then a cap, and then a rounded bead.
- Pass the wire back through the cap, the long bead, and the roll.
- Inside the car, wind up the wire around itself.
- Start over on the other side of the car, then tighten the wire, but make sure the wheels can still move.
Now you just need to decorate your car, and make it go!
If it doesn't go well, maybe you tightened the wire too much or not enough. Or maybe the wheels are too high.
In any case, you can repair it, or even make a new one. In that case, you'll have two cars to have a race!