Spinning Top Craft
We are going to teach you how to make a nice and colorful spinning top in this tutorial. You'll be able to play with it with your friends! Try to make it the fastest!
- Two square sheets of paper
- A ruler
- A pencil
- A box-cutter
- A match
Steps to make a spinning top
- With the ruler and the pencil, divide the sheets of paper into three equal parts.
- Fold them into three using the lines.
- Fold the ends of the rectangles, on to the top and the other to the bottom.
- Put their center together, all the triangles pointing in the same direction (like a propeller).
- Fold each triangles to the center of the propeller. Slip the last one under the previous one like in the video.
- With the compasses and the box-cutter, make a hole in the center of the square.
- Slip the match through the hole.
There it is! You have a nice spinning top, now you just need to practice to make it spin.
If the hole gets too big, just wind adhesive tape around the match.