How to Grow Seeds
Wheat, chickpeas, lentils that germinate in winter are a tradition in the South of France since the roman period. It is very simple and will fill the kids with wonder. Make your own personalized pot to conduct a great lesson on nature and life. Kids will see how the seeds grow in just about two weeks!
- A glass pot/terracotta flower pots
- Bottle tops
- Marker pen
- Seeds (wheat, chickpeas or lentils)
How to make this blooming pot
- Fix the bottle top onto the glass pot with the blu-tack.
- Using the white-out, draw a dot on the bottle tops to make the eyes.
- Fill the pot with cotton and pour some water in it. Seeing the result, add some more cotton, but make sure there's still enough room for the seeds.
- With the marker pen, make another smaller dot on the dried white-out to make the pupil. Everyday, you will be able to move the eyes thanks to the blu-tack.
- Draw a mouth and a nose.
- Put the seeds on the cotton.
The lentils are the easiest to grow. It's a very nice way to decorate and learn. And it's perfect to prepare for Spring!