In this video, we are going to show you how to draw a high back ponytail which will suit lots of your characters.
Steps to draw a ponytail
- First of all, you can print the pattern of the head by clicking the button down the page.
- Just above the forehead, draw a horizontal small line, and a dot between the ear and the eye on each side.
- Link up one dot to the other going through the small line.
- Starting on the upper base of the right ear, join the other side going above the head.
- On the upper point of this last line, draw two bumps stacked on top of each other.
- Surround these bumps by zigzags which are going to represent the ponytail!
- Inside this ponytail, draw zigzags again but smaller this time. This will give a tousled aspect to the ponytail.
- Scratch the empty space you created between the fronthead and the ponytail. This will look like drawn hair.
- You can also draw some locks that show out of the hairdo. To do so, draw some spirals and curves at the edge of the hairdo.
Now you are able to draw some very nice high ponytails! You might need to train yourself but if you watch the video carefuly, you should have no problem.