Paper Doll Costume
Here's a doll costume idea and a very original paper dress for every girl. Just like your Mom and Grandma used to play with as a little girl, now comes to life with a life size costume. The pretty paper doll dress and accessories is a fantastic costume idea for a mother, daughter and even grandma. Together you will be able to create a beautiful paper dress in full size to dress up! Guaranteed amazing result!
This paper doll costume is easy to achieve without purchasing equipment. You can inspire you if you are looking for an idea of disguise Halloween, but also to a disguised party at a birthday, for example, or to play dress doll an afternoon or during a sleepover girlfriends. With the help of your mom, it remains you to rummage through the closets of the house to collect anything that could be used to customize your paper doll costume.
This costume requires:
- A large piece of cardboard to cut the skirt and top
- Different gift paper rolls
- 60 inches of silk ribbon for the belt
- A paper lace cake doily for the trim
- Satin String to keep the dress
- A sheet of white paper
- A black marker
- White glue
- A brush
- A pencil
- Plastic headband - For the head bow
Level of difficulty: to do with the help of her mom what the age of the girl.
How to make a paper doll costume:
- Begin by printing the template of the dress that is at the bottom of the page for inspiration. Be sure to respect the proportions of the garment.
- Then, place the large piece of cardboard on the floor. You will have to lie down on the cardboard so that your Mom can mark the dimensions of your shoulders and your waist.
- Then your mom will draw life-size outlines of two parts that make up the dress on the piece of cardboard and cut them out. Be careful not to forget the slots because it make all the charm of costume.
- Once the cut templates, reproduce the outlines of two doll costume pieces on a gift paper and cut them out.
- It is then necessary to add two holes to the right and left sleeves. Then you need to insert a long enough piece of string on each side to be able to cross back. This step will allow the top of the dress to be secure and will prevent it from moving.
- You must then drill 2 holes at the waist of the skirt to slide the silk ribbon as a stylish belt.
- The next step is the trickiest. We'll have to put the pieces of wrapping paper on cardboard supports. Brush 2 boxes of white glue and evenly distribute the glue with the brush. Lay the wrapping paper on each part and secure with hands.
- Take the lace cake doily and hollow out the center. Cut the decorative lace outline pieces, 1 piece for Peter Pan collar of the dress, two smaller pieces for the sleeves of the dress, 2 or 3 for the petticoat of the dress. Paste the lace on the sleeves and collar, but stick lace petticoat under the dress of the doll.
- Resume each notch on white paper, cut them out and paste them. Outline dash marks on the notches with the black marker.
- Carefully mark the petticoat holes with the tip of your scissors, then move the silk ribbon through the holes and tie skirt around the waist.
- Thread the top of the dress, cross and tie the wool in the back.
Your paper doll costume is finished! All that is left is to make the handbag and a bow for your hair. You can print accessories to cut that you'll find at the bottom of the page.