Japanese Bobtail Cat in 3D
The Japanese Bobtail cat breed is very social, active and loves to explore the world with great curiosity. They are very attentive and alert felines that notice a lot. The Japanese Bobtail cat is considered an unusually "communicative" breed, that often interact vocally with people. Their soft voices are capable of nearly a whole scale of tones, leading people to believe they can sing. The Bobtail cat is easily recognizable because it has a very short tail, like a rabbit. This fun craft will replicate a Japanese Bobtail cat in origami style.
- 1 ruler to mark the paper pleats
- sheets of white paper to print
Time: 2 hours
Difficulty level: suitable for children aged 10 years or younger children helped by an adult.
How to assemble a Japanese Bobtail paper cat
- Start with PRINT THE BOBTAIL JAPANESE CAT TEMPLATES . There are 9 different pages.
- With scissors, cut very carefully all parts of the Japanese Bobtail body and remove them. Each part corresponds to a letter of the alphabet, you shall use when assembling the cat in the correct order.
- Then PRINT THE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS and start putting together the different parts separately as taught below.
- Set aside each part and let dry. You've spent about an hour and a half and you can only put together the parts of the cat's body. If you want, pause and re-refine your cat the next day.
- Now, we come to the part of the assembly: you must assemble all the parts together to create the cat in 3 dimensions. Follow the alphabetical order to glue the parts between them and obtain a very cute cat in 3D.
- Once assembled, let your cat dry overnight or a day in a quiet place. Then you can play with your origami Japanese Bobtail cat.
More information about the Japanese Bobtail cats
Short tailed cats in japan arrived from the Asian continent over 1,000 years ago. The Japanese Bobtail is characterized by its very short tail. The first Japanese Bobtail cat was imported from Japan to the Western Hemisphere in 1968 by a woman named, Elizabeth Freret. The Japanese Bobtail cat is a lively breed that appeals to those who like spirited cats. They are charming, beautiful and make great family pets.