A Refreshment Set for Summer
What you need
- 4 to 6 small clear glasses free from design
- 1 clear transparent glass carafe
- Glass paint (2 to 3 colors)
- Fine paint brushes
- Paper towel
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Place all the items you need on a sheet of old newspapers to protect the table.
- Start with clean glasses and carafe by rubbing with a little rubbing alcohol to degrease them before applying the paint.
- With the brush and the different paint colors that you have chosen, make the scenery on the different elements. To recall the summer, you can paint flowers, long stems of grass, butterflies, sun ... Use your imagination! If you make a mistake you can remove the paint with a paper towel moistened with water.
- Let it dry. The drying time varies according to the painting, but it usually takes at least 24 hours (look at the glass paint instructions carefully on the back of your bottles or tubes). If you want to give even more depth to your designs, you can re-apply paint. Then again allowed to dry at least 24 hours.
- Once the drying time has elapsed, you can place the glasses and decanter in the oven to harden the glass paint. This will help not to damage them if you place them into the dishwasher. The baking instructions for the glass should be on the back cover of the paint bottles. It takes on average 40 minutes to cook in a traditional oven at 320 °. (Perform this operation under the supervision of an adult).
- And that's a beautiful custom refreshment set that you and your family can use all summer long! This original painted glass set will make a wonderful wedding gift, birthday present or Mother's Day.