Whether you are home or on vacation and are looking for a fun activity you can easily create these unearthly creatures. Next time you go to the beach or go for a walk in the woods be sure to hunt for the perfect rocks to make these extraterrestrial friends.
Creating these cute aliens is fun and simple to do!
Materials needed (for green alien):
- Medium size rocks
- White, green and purple paint
- Black permenant marker
- green pipe cleaner
How to make Alien Rocks
- First choose your rock that will become a funny alien pet rock. Choose a rock that is smooth and easy to paint. Clean it well and dry it.
- Use a brush to paint it green. It may need several coats so let each coat dry before putting on another coat of green.
- Once the green paint is dry, draw large purple spots on the lower part of the rock.
- Let dry as in step before, then with white paint, draw two white round circles for the eyes and then two black circles inside (with felt). These are the eyes of the alien. If you want a more realistic look, you can add a tiny touch of white in the black circle, as if there was a glint in the eye.
- It is now time to add the mouth. Shaped like a horizontal crescent moon, outlined in black. Adding teeth makes it look more fun!
- Your alien is almost finished, it just needs his antennas and a tail that is added by sticking a pipe cleaner to the rock. You can give the pipe cleaner funny shapes to create your weird alien!
And now, a galactic little alien! What's nice is that on the beach, you can find plenty more pebbles of different shapes to add alien friends. Have fun creating an alien tribe of all colors and invent their planet. If you have fairly large magnets, glue them to the back of each alien, in order to put them on your refrigerator)