Draw Facial Expression: Sadness
This drawing lesson will show you how to make a face of a character looked surprised.
Steps to draw a surprised face:
- First print the pattern of the head by clicking the Print button at the bottom of the template page. This will serve as a basis for drawing expressive facial features.
- Draw a small black circle in each eye. It represents the pupil of the eye (do be careful that both eyes are looking in the same direction).
- Trace over each eye an arc very pronounced for raiseing the eyebrows makes the character loooked surprised.
- Draw the mouth wide open with the tongue inside the mouth. You can make an oval, circular or irregular round shape, as you want your character to have a look of surprise.
- End by drawing drops all around the face. This is a trick used generally in comics, to give strength to an expression.
To achieve the astonishment or look of surprise, be careful to draw a mouth shape rounded, more or less open.
Magnificent! You drew a surprised face very convincing!