Easter Bunny Basket
These festive bunny decorations make a wonderful table display to hold Easter eggs and candy, or make to give as Easter gifts for friends and family. This Easter craft is easy and fun to make!
- Cardboard cylinder tubes
- Brown paper or crepe paper
- Black felt paper
- Green cardboard or crepe paper
- White sheet of paper
- White cotton or a pompom
How to make these adorable rabbit candy holders
- First of all, cut up you Cardboard tube and just keep around 1.5 and 2.5 inches. You can ask an adult to help you with that.
- Then measure your container and cover with brown paper or crepe paper. Be sure to cover part of the inside.
- Draw a circle on the with sheet of paper smaller than the cylinder tube. Cut it up and draw two eyes, a nose and a mouth on it.
- Choose two ears and paws that you like on the template to print at the bottom of this page. Cut them up carefuly.
- Cut out two small rectangles in your black felt paper (more or less 0.5x1.5 in).
- Now it's time to "dress up" the rabbit. Stick the face and the ears to the cylinder (Attach the ears to the inside of the top of the lid).
- You're now going to make the whiskers. Cut the rectangles of felt paper into thin strips. Stick the end of them to the face.
- Now, stick the feet to the bottom of the bunny.
- Now, the tail. You can make a small tail using this tutorial to make a pompom: "how-to-make-a-pompom". You can also use some cotton. Stick the pompom to the opposite side of the face.
- Cut a circle into the green paper (around 7 to 8 in diameter). Cut the paper and make fringes.
- Paste the rabbit onto the circle making it look like he is sitting in grass.
You now have a beautifully crafted bunny container decoration to display for Easter!