Felt Heart Key Ring
Create this sweet heart keychain for your Valentine to put on a backpack or use for their keys. Your Valentine will be sure to think of you wherever he/she goes.
- Red felt
- Black satin ribbon ( or another color if you prefer )
- Red & black thread
- Loop keychain
How to make a Heart keychain:
- Start by cutting a piece of felt about 10 cm by 20 cm.
- Fold the piece of felt in half crosswise ( overlaying the two shorter sides).
- On one side , draw a heart in pencil.
- Then cut the heart out you just traced. You then get two hearts exactly the same.
- With a sewing needle and thread, you can now sew the two hearts together leaving a opening tp stuff the cotton into.
- Stuff the cotton into the section you have not sewn. Be sure to add enough cotton for a puffy heart but not too much.
- Finish sewing the edges of the heart closed and you have a big fluffy felt heart.
- Cut a piece of satin ribbon of about 5 centimeters.
- Pass through Ring keychains inside to form a loop.
- Using black thread, sew each side of the ribbon to the felt heart. Folding in the ends of the ribbon will create a polished edge and the ribbon won't unravel.