DIY Heart Pop Up Card
Valentine's Day is not just for lovers but to show all your friends and family you care about them. What could be more sweet than a few loving words on paper to express all that we are feeling in our hearts. Create a 3D pop up heart card to personalize for your favorite Valentine.
- 2 printed template patterns on two different colors of cardstock ( red and white preferred)
- Hole punch
- White paint pen
How to make a beautiful love card:
- Cut out the pattern # 1 : Fold heart design in half to form the Valentine card.
- Cut out the pattern 2: the two small hearts, hearts with arms, outer heart and inner heart.
- Open the folded heart card.
- Glue the two small hearts inside of the card. One on each side of the heart inside.
- Fold in the large cut out heart with tabs in half and fold the tabs inward.
- Glue the tabs and align the middle of the hearts, creating the 3D effect for the Valentine's Day Card.
- Cut a Heart to create two pieces: an inner heart and outer heart. Use a hole punch to make a hole at the top of each of the hearts.
- With a white paint marker decorate and customize your inner heart cut out with dots or a name.
- Cut a piece of raffia.
- Feed the raffia through the hole of the circle of the outer heart.
- Stick it on the outside of the card, the side where the heart is the smallest (in front of the card). see diagram below
- Assemble the inner heart cut out with the design by feeding the opposite end of the rafia through the circle, finishing with a pretty bow .
Here's a unique Valentine's Card, allowing you to easily share your heart with your special Valentine.