Back to schoolBack to School Tips Back to school outfits and shopping - Clothes Shopping is a fun thing to look forward to getting you ready with some new outfits for your new back to school look. Many public and private schools have ...
End of Summer & Back to School
[Summer] can fly by and before you know it, it is time to go back to school. The school year begins as early as the middle of August, like in Florida or early September like in upstate NY. Whenever your school begins the new calendar year you will want to take some steps to prepare and get organized before you return for the first day. You're probably feeling excited, maybe anxious and a little scared but there are step to help you be successful from the very start!
Back to School Tips -
- Back to school outfits and shopping - Clothes shopping is a fun thing to look forward to to get you ready with some new outfits for your new back to school look. Many public and private schools have adopted an uniform policy which makes it easier to know what you are going to where each day and keeps the clothing budget low. Hoever, if your school does not wear uniforms, you will want to take some inventory of the clothes you have now, discard the clothes that no longer fit and make a list of items you need. Knowing what you need will save you time and money.
- Dressing for School - For a stress free morning you could check the weather for the following school day and set out your clothes the night before.
- School Supplies - Most schools have a list of school supplies you can down load right from the school website for the particular grade. You will want to get your school supplies early to be sure you have everything you need on the first day.
- Backpack - Choosing the right backpack is sometimes hard to do these days because of all the wonderful patterns and designs to choose from. However, be sure to buy a good quality backpack and remember that your backpack should not weigh more than 10% to 20% of your body weight. Basically be careful of loading too much into your backpack to keep you free from injury.
- Reconnecting and making NEW friends - It is always fun to reconnect with your friends from last year and share stories of your summer adventures but don't forget about the kew kids on the block. Introduce yourself to a new person in your school that may have moved to your community from other states or countries. Try to imagine coming to a new school and not knowing anyone. It is always a nice act to make them feel welcome and be a friend.
- New Routine - With the new school year comes a daily routine. A few days before school begins have some practice runs to getting up early enough to have a healthy breakfast, packing your lunch, brushing your teeth and be on time for school. This also means creating successful study habits that suit your learning style right from the beginning.
- Healthy breakfast and lunch - Plan and shop for healthy foods to eat to start your day out good and giving yourself energy in the afternoon with a healthy lunch. Brain food not junk food! Be sure to drink plenty of water.
- Get plenty of sleep - We all know we function better and are more successful with the appropriate amount of sleep. Don't short yourself of some good shut eye.
- Reading - Literacy is very important to continue, even after your summer reading list. Pick up a book during some free time all throughout the year.
- Reconnect - Spending time with your family reconnecting from your busy week will keep you in touch. Discuss any problems or good things that has happened, read together, play a game or help around the house.
- Say "Cheese" - Don't forget to capture your child's first day back to school regardless of their age!
Hellokids has collected some fantastic Back to School printable pages and worksheets for you to supplement lessons and thematic units. Let's find out more ...
|Geography reports for kids|
|School coloring pages|
|Reports to learn|
When you invest your time, you make a goal and a decision of something that you want to accomplish. Whether it's make good grades in school, be a good athlete, be a good person, go down and do some community service and help somebody who's in need, whatever it is you choose to do, you're investing your time in that.
Lucky Charms coloring page
Lucky the Leprechaun coloring page
Bear coloring page
Robinson coloring page
Create your coloring Lucky Charms scene coloring page
Gibble Gobble video
BACK-TO-SCHOOL how to videos7 videos
Schoolhouse Rock Videos23 videos
BACK TO SCHOOL kids puzzles5 puzzles
BACK TO SCHOOL sliding puzzles5 online puzzles
SCHOOL coloring pages13 coloring sheets
SCHOOL YARD coloring pages8 coloring sheets
SCHOOL SUPPLIES coloring pages17 coloring sheets
School Markers20 coloring sheets
CLASSROOM SCENES coloring pages15 coloring sheets